Thursday 15 October 2009

The Magic of Twitter


I think it was two to three years ago that I downloaded some Tarot podcasts from the Tarot Connection to my laptop and MP3 player. I listened to these in the car, in the bath - whenever I could. The podcast contributors included Leisa ReFalo, Ginny Hunt and Bonnie Cehovet. There were others but these are the ones that stick more firmly in my mind. I marvelled at the knowledge and experience these people had but they were distant voices from another part of the planet and as much as I admired them, I had no real connection to them apart from an interest in Tarot. Until last week that is. I now find myself discussing mundane, day to day, household issues with.......Bonnie Cehovet! The distant voice from my treasured podcasts is now communicating with me via Twitter.
It seems such a bizarre situation that I had to blog about it. Twitter, for me, is a great equaliser of all people. The famous mingle and communicate with the everyday people at home. It does them good (I hope) and helps to keep them grounded and at street level and it does us ("normal" people) good to think that the people we admire are interested in what we have to say. Whether they are or not, I don't know but it's good PR for them. So it works for everyone and keeps us all connected. Perhaps a rather simplistic view and I know that Twitter isn't everyone's cup of tea but I find it fun and all the time it's fun - I shall be using it.

0 comments: